SHRIMP ALFREDO WITH SAUSAGE
2 Pounds Shrimp
½ Pound Thawed Smoked Sausage
(cut lengthwise twice, so each slice makes 4 small pieces)
2 ½ (15 oz.) Jars Garlic Alfredo Sauce
½ Cup Chopped Onions
½ Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
2-3 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Pound Linguini Fini Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
• Peel, devein, wash (in cold water) and lightly season shrimp. Then place in refrigerator until needed.
• Sauté onions, bell pepper and garlic in a skillet using the olive oil until onions are translucent.
• Add sausage and shrimp and sauté another 10 minutes.
• Add the garlic alfredo sauce, and let simmer for about 20 minutes, just until the shrimp is cooked thoroughly, but tender.
• Add a little milk if too thick, to achieve desired consistency.
• Boil pasta and drain.
• Mix alfredo sauce in a bowl with pasta or serve on top of pasta.
• Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper for an extra kick or shredded cheese.
• Goes great with garlic bread!