JARVIS GREEN, 2X Super Bowl Champion and defensive lineman for the Houston Texans, shares his recipe for Shrimp Alfredo with Sausage.
In addition to winning Super Bowls and perfecting his culinary skills, Jarvis Green is a philanthropist helping single moms in Louisiana through The Jarvis Green Foundation. The mission of the Jarvis Green Foundation, a not-for-profit 501(c) 3 organization is to provide support to single working mothers in disadvantaged, low-income areas whose lives have been affected by tragedy. This cause is especially close to Green's heart because he has seen firsthand the struggles they face. To that end, he dedicates time, energy and financial resources to assisting single mothers in need. www.jarvisgreen.com
Jarvis Green's Shrimp Alfredo Pasta with Sausage
2 Pounds Shrimp
½ Pound Thawed Smoked Sausage
(cut lengthwise twice, so each slice makes 4 small pieces)
2 ½ (15 oz.) Jars Garlic Alfredo Sauce
½ Cup Chopped Onions
½ Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
2-3 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Pound Linguini Fini Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
• Peel, devein, wash (in cold water) and lightly season shrimp. Then place in refrigerator until needed.
• Sauté onions, bell pepper and garlic in a skillet using the olive oil until onions are translucent.
• Add sausage and shrimp and sauté another 10 minutes.
• Add the garlic alfredo sauce, and let simmer for about 20 minutes, just until the shrimp is cooked thoroughly, but tender.
• Add a little milk if too thick, to achieve desired consistency.
• Boil pasta and drain.
• Mix alfredo sauce in a bowl with pasta or serve on top of pasta.
• Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper for an extra kick or shredded cheese.
• Goes great with garlic bread!