3 pounds All purpose Potatoes
1 Large head of garlic
5 tablespoons of heavy or whipping cream
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Salt, to taste
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and cook until tender, approx. 20 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, peel the paper skin from the garlic and separate the cloves. Place them in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the garlic is very soft, 15 min. Drain and cool.
3. Drain potatoes and return them to the saucepan. Shake over medium heat to remove and remaining moisture, 10-15 seconds.
4. Slip skins off the garlic and combine the garlic gloves and the cream in a food processor. Puree
5. Transfer the potatoes to the bowl of an electric mixer, add the pureed garlic, butter, egg yolk, pepper and salt. Beat until just smooth.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Your Favorite Recipes »